The Complete Guide to ECDIS is an indispensable resource for those contemplating ECDIS carriage and those already in the process of an ECDIS implementation.
At its 86th session from May 26 to June 5 2009, the IMO’s Maritime Safety Committee approved new regulations making the carriage of ECDIS mandatory. The resulting amendments to SOLAS Chapter V regulation 19.2 require ships engaged on international voyages to be fitted with ECDIS. These regulations come into force over a 6 year period from July 2012, in stages depending on the vessel type.
First published in 2010 The Complete Guide to ECDIS covers a range of topics including:
• understanding ECDIS – a complex subject explained
• human element – ECDIS can only deliver its potential if seafarers are properly trained in its use
• perceptions – valuable messages from those with direct experience of implementing ECDIS and paperless navigation
• future processes – how ECDIS fits into the e-navigation vision
• facts and figures – including an assessment of regulations
• solutions – options for equipment and training
• a comprehensive directory of equipment and service suppliers.
The Complete Guide to ECDIS is only available as part of a subscription to Marine Electronics & Communications.
To purchase a subscription please contact:
t: +44 20 8370 7018
For further information regarding advertising contact: